Monday, December 14, 2009

this is the final countdown

The countdowns have begun. The countdown to my last two papers’ due dates, to the last real weekend of the semester, to my two finals, to moving out of Madison, to the holidays, and to my semester trip to Italy. Being someone who loathes change, instead of breathless anticipation, at this moment I feel nothing but excruciating dread. I don’t want to study, much less write or actually take a test, I don’t want to pack, and I don’t want to do anything except spend time with the people I won’t see for 4-7 months.

As ever, I am astoundingly incapable of sorting out any priorities or emotions and instead feel one big great blizzard (pun intended, since the torrential onslaught of winter is hardly making me fondly recall the days of yore) of stress.

I know, I know I KNOW I should be pissing myself with excitement and really, in the back of my head I am.

Dear Santa,

I just wish I had a bit more time before I jet off to Europe. Just a bit more! Please?

-Ali

"O might I here/In solitude live savage" -John Milton, Paradise Lost

1 comment: